View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think what he's saying is that Texas needs to look for more of an x's and o's guy than a back slapper. Considering Brown missed out on those two Heisman winners despite being the supposed smiling master of recruiting, I think he has a point.
Yes that is what I was saying. I'm not a Texas fan at all, but I acknowledge the fact that you don't have to be a great recruiter to bring good recruits into UT. The school itself garners interest from most of the young talent across the state. Do you still need to be able to recognize talent and close the deal? Yes. But UT needs a Harbaugh-type who can utilize his talent and develop them into good college players.

You're going to get talented players at UT, that's just how it is. But if you can't make the most of that talent then you will fail. Just like Mack has done recently.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote