View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013   #104
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'll bet that RG3 comes back next season and plays great. Nothing wrong his skill set at all. He could use a better coach, a healthy body, and a long off season of preparation. This thread will get bumped a year from now. I think it's crazy to write him off just because of one bad season in only his 2nd year where he played hurt and had no pre season to prepare.
I do not think his rookie season was a fluke. The second year is tough on a lot of QBs when teams have a season of film to study. Add in a serious injury, and it should not be a surprise that he's struggling. But, I think he could come back in year 3 and show the league why he was a no. 1 pick.

That being said, I would not give up a no. 1 overall pick for him this year. The Texans would be getting a shorter contract on a player that still struggled this year regardless of his potential. Not worth it, IMO.

After seeing that garbage today and the on-going spewage of horrible football since early September, I think they do the historical trend and draft a QB. Makes sense with a new HC coming in. This team needs an overhaul.