View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013   #419
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Anyway, I'm not calling Houston fans bad fans by any means. More than anything my statement was intended as a jab to those "fans" that are so blinded by their loyalty to a specific player or coach that they are willing to sacrifice wins just in the hopes that they will eventually be correct about said player or coach.
So you're mad at fans for being fans?

For years I've heard people try to define what a "real fan" was. Usually it's some form of rooting for the team through thick and thin. This is the first I've heard it as essentially quit rooting for the team until it wins.

Personally, I root for players and coaches as much as I root for the team. It's why I tend to follow players that I like even after they leave and get very uncomfortable when a player I don't like or respect is on my team. I will continue to root for college players that enter the pro arena.

I remember being happy for Lance Berkman after he finally won a world series. I was genuinely happy for a grown man I have never met. I honestly dislike the idea that AJ may never win a SB with the Texans. Again, a grown man I have never met.

Like a team that has a huge financial or draft pick invested in a player, fans will always be more patient with players they have an emotional investment in. They are, after all, fans.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote