View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I really think most Texas fans are going to end up disappointed when the new coach is named. 10 of those 16 names we have zero shot at. I have no problem with us gauging interest but let's not get our hopes up.

I really don't care how big the name is. I would just like a coach who has more to offer in game and doesn't have to lean on his assistants so much.
YOu might be correct Bah. I will be happy just to see a new regime. And if this new regime doesn't get going after about 4 or 5 years, then they should find another hot name. I don't think it's healthy for a team to keep a HC way to long if they aren't keeping their team amongst the top contending Universities every year. Sure, teams can have down years here and there or even two or so, but the great coaches always bounce back and re-load with great talent and get their teams clicking. Bob Stoops has always done that at Oklahoma which has been a pretty irritating thing to watch for me as a Texas fan. Guys like Saban and Meyer seem to be able to keep their teams at a very high level as well.

I just hope they don't give the next guy a ridiculously long leash. He should get a fair one on par with what most big time Universities give to other guys when they go to a new job.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote