View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013   #145
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Realistically, is AJ going to the hall of fame??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sounds very homerish to decisively suggest that AJ has been better then all of these guys. You could make a strong argument for each one being better in some form depending on what stats you use. They are all great receivers. Some have had better advantages in certain seasons and some have had lesser advantages.

I highly doubt that you would find anyone outside of Houston that would suggest that Calvin might be as good as AJ when most people consider Calvin to be the better receiver now and for several years now. AJ is an all time great in my eyes, but so are several others you just mentioned.
AJ has been better over the course of his career than those guys I mentioned. That's not taking away from those guys at all. Any of them may have a season or even two that are arguably better than AJ, but none of them are as high in yards, yards/game, and catches as AJ over the course of a career. The only point to that is it's a pass happy era, but even within that framework, AJ has more yards, yards/game, and catches than his contemporaries in the same era. And he's done it with a significant part of his career being hurt by subpar QBs. AJ did better with Carr than Fitzgerald did with Leinart, for example, and Fitz is the best comparison to AJ.

As for the homerish comment, I've argued both sides of the AJ HOF debate, so neither side ever wants to believe what I type at various times LOL. So whatever.