View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013   #275
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
Aaron Rodgers was not, he was in consideration for #1 with Alex Smith. Look how that turned out. I'm not sold on Bridgewater, but the Heisman finalist argument is a bad one. I don't believe that should even be considered when grading a Qb prospect.
I'm not saying it's a good or a bad argument.

Aaron Rodgers ended up being drafted 24th, anyway. Sure, everyone thought it was a toss-up between Smith and Rodgers but ultimately, Rodgers dropped. He finished 9th in Heisman voting, so he wasn't a finalist... but he was considered.

I don't know (or even care, really) if Teddy has been seriously considered for a Heisman and I don't think the Heisman should be used to evaluate talent.

But.

Texian is right that almost every recent QB picked #1 overall has been a Heisman finalist.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote