View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013   #109
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

I like the idea of Bill O'Brien based on what I've read in this thread.

But, I'm not getting my hopes up. I do not think he leaves Penn State at this point in his career. And, I think he would most likely bring a rebuild mentality to the Texans that McNair openly stated he wants to avoid. O'Brien is going to bring his own OC and DC, and they will have their systems and schemes.

Maybe I'm reading McNair's words too literal, but the owner said it and I have no reason to doubt his intentions. The specific terms "playoff contention" and "not a rebuild" is easy to extrapolate that he wants to keep a lot of the same players and scheme structure into 2014. I do not perceive Bill O'Brien as a coach that will want to be imposed upon by existing structure. If he's anything like Belichick, he's going to want to rebuild his new team in his own mentalities and image.