View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013   #102
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Guys who want full control over personnel who have never been an NFL HC before always scare me.

I think the lack of information about who does what in the Texans offices leads to these stupid petty arguments about who should be fired and who brought in the right guys and blah blah blah. Since people like to prognosticate about Rick Smith, I'll throw one in there that has just as much weight as everybody else's:

If Rick Smith is allowed to hire the coach and they are on the same page, then we will be in the playoffs again by 2015.

And that is worth just as much as all of the other "predictions" for Rick Smith in this thread and has just as much information backing it up too (none)!
There are only 3 Head Coaches who had full control of football operations in the last 20 years that I can think of who've been successful, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick. There have been many, many, many who've failed.

Rick Smith was a Jr exec in Denver when he was hired to be Texans GM. Smith's training was virtually in the Shanahan system. Unlike other Assistants who have been trained in all phases and areas of being a true General Manager like Eric DeCosta, Eliot Wolf and Chris Polian for example.

I'll throw one in there that has just as much weight as everybody else's:

As long as Rick Smith is the Houston Texans GM the Texans will not return to the playoffs. (I threw one out there in 2011 and said the Colts would be Division champs in 2013, I also said if the Texans didn't do something to answer Andrew Luck the Texans could repeat their first 5 years in the league, that's looking good too).
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote