View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013   #83
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney playing with bone spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
There is a lot to like about Bortles ... But Im not gonna compare any college QB to Joe Cool. I'm old enough to remember those years, four Super Bowls wins & three Super Bowl MVP's ....
I have watched 4 Bortles games this year, several games with a last possession to win scenario. I was amazed at how calm, alert and focused he always is. Nothing rattled him and in each case he delivered. Those two characteristics, being calm and collected and the ability to orchestrate a game winning drive are what reminded me (IMHO) of "Joe Cool" and the "Comeback Kid" AKA Joe Montona. I too remember Montana very well, I was sitting in the Cotton Bowl watching Joe Cool dismantle Earl Campbell and the Texas Longhorns 38-10. I'll never forget the Cotton Bowl the following year, "The Chicken Soup" game, icicles hanging from the railing and Montana scoring as time ran out to beat Houston 35-34.

On another note, Belichick said the reason they drafted Brady in the 6th round was because of the number of Brady's game winning drives. All the kid did was win. Walsh also noted the same about Montana. Bortles had 4 such games this year.

Last edited by Texian; 12-14-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote