View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013   #240
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Cam had all of the talent he needed to be a superstar. I thought he had character/entitlement issues.

I dont have these issues with Teddy, the Questions I have with him are arm strength/mechanics/level of competition/how quickly he can adjust to the speed of the NFL game.
No , there are no character concerns .... I don't question his arm strength either. He has a plenty strong enough arm. The only question I have is about his mechanics and accuracy when he is forced to put velocity on the ball , which he will in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
I wondered that about while initially watching his tape (I need to work through that huge post from earlier) and wondered whether that was just a superb display of touch in not throwing heaters to his teammates or whether his arm strength isn't as good as he'd hope.
He's got plenty of arm , you watch him throw deep and even with the hitch in his release , its almost effortless .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
In all the clips DutchRudder put up, all I see is a young QB carving up defenses with his mind and arm. He has legs, but uses them to buy time in the pocket for his receivers. He doesn't run at the first sign of trouble, which shows that he knows what he wants to do. Louisville does not have a high-caliber o-line. Teddy shows great skill at climbing the weak pocket his teammates TRY to give him. In the Florida game, Teddy was the best player in that game on either side, hands down. He's the only tier-1 QB in this draft, and if you are the Texans, you'd better take him before Jacksonville or Tennessee does.
I don't have a horse in this race .... Bridgewater is the top prospect but isn't without his flaws. I've struggled over taking him #1 or a trade down scenario that nets you multiple #1 picks , I just cant make up my mind as he does have those flaws but this league is so QB driven , if you don't have a top tier QB , you go get one.

Derek Carr & Aaron Murray probably have the best mechanics in this draft and Zach Mettenberger isn't far behind .....Murray and Mettenberger both play more pro style offenses. Carr would be a difficult choice considering the history and the injuries to Mettenberger & Murry scare me. Really need to see how they look closer to the draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote