View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013   #227
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
How long does he take to release the ball vs how long you would like him to take to release the ball?
That's difficult to say .... every play is different . Its not just the release , its the position of the ball prior (a bit low). There are times he will need to get the ball out ~1.5seconds. against some blitz packages. When you hold the ball low and in front of the chest , that's going to be a difficult task to accomplish.
He's got to hold that ball near the ear hole and open the shoulders rather than wind up like a baseball. He's got a looping motion when he opens up to throw , especially when he throws it on a line or a deep ball.

The other thing that concerns me is that he throws a lot of balls with air under them , throwing to a spot rather than on a rope which is OK in a lot of situations but I think NFL DB's are going to be able to exploit that.

Watch some video and you'll see what I mean .... then go watch Peyton or Aaron Rodgers make the same throws with velocity.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote