View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #191
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.

......Teddy Bridgewater, 6'3" 205.....................Geno Smith, 6'2" 218

Pass Yards: 9370..........................................11,6 62
TDs:..........69.................................. ............98
INTs...........24................................. .............21
RAT:..........169.7............................... ............163.9
Comp. %:....70.2%....................................... ..71.2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
First, you're wrong, I never said Bridgewater would be worse than Geno, I expect Bridgewater to be on par or equal to Geno. That is what started this all in the first place. My biggest complaint against Teddy is he throws an air ball on his deep pass. (AKA Landry Jones) I never compared any Geno NFL stats to Teddy's ONLY Geno's college stats were posted. I don't know where you got that. You must be in love with Teddy or just looking for an argument.

As to your analysis, let me try and make this as simple as I can. When one team runs more offensive plays than another team, there is a very high probability there will be more passing plays and more passing yards by the team that ran more offensive plays. Their offenses are still similarly balanced and still not any thing close to Mike Leach's "Air Raid" 70% passing Offense.
I never once mentioned the Air Raid. You are the one who compared the two QBs college stats as part of your argument that you're "not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith."

In one post you use college stats to support your argument and then in a later post you say that comparisons between college and NFL are silly. Which is it?

As for your analysis in this thread, simplicity isn't an issue. In fact, your take couldn't be more simple.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote