View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #185
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.

......Teddy Bridgewater, 6'3" 205.....................Geno Smith, 6'2" 218

Pass Yards: 9370..........................................11,6 62
TDs:..........69.................................. ............98
INTs...........24................................. .............21
RAT:..........169.7............................... ............163.9
Comp. %:....70.2%....................................... ..71.2%
I know you're a stats guy. You have even tried to make the argument here that Bridgewater will not be as good as Geno Smith because his college stats aren't as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
For starters, I know the difference between the college game and the NFL. It's silly to compare the two. One or two additional passes per quarter does not make a BIG difference, it's even less if you include a full body of work. Of course the bias had to juggle the numbers to skew the numbers in their favor. Your Mr. research if you want to know the number of plays look them up, I have. I told you I am not your research assistant. Bottom line Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater played in a much more balanced offense than any Mike Leach "Air Raid" offense. Neither Teddy nor Geno came close to playing in a 70% passing offense. This should keep you LOL for awhile.
And yet here, despite using college stats to try to boost your earlier argument, you now admit that it is silly to compare college to the pros (unless it suits your argument, apparently).

You then claim that a couple of extra pass attempts in each quarter does not make a big difference on the numbers. Let me illustrate that it does:

Geno Smith averaged over 8.1 YPA his senior year. With two extra pass attempts per quarter he would get eight extra attempts per game. We could safely assume an average of 8 yards per attempt on those eight throws, which would result in a net gain of 64 yards per game. Over the course of a 12 game season that would lead to a net gain of over 750 passing yards, far from insignificant.

And I'm sure you took all of that into consideration when you tried to make your statistical argument earlier, since it quite clearly bothers you when other posters try to skew the numbers into their favor.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote