View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #184
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I do think he's an elite athlete with elite physical tools , that's the only reason I'd consider him as the #1 pick , those physical tools. No he doesn't have the biggest arm but its more than adequate with good touch and plenty of velocity.

What Im not sold on is level of competition , the mental part of the game (reading defenses , protections and others) as well as mechanics.
I really like how he moves around in the pocket ... kinda reminds me a bit of Brady there. But you do have to factor in the level of competition. His internal clock will have to speed up in the NFL.

No doubt about his success being a joint effort. The first thing they have to do is shorten that release and get him to keep the ball up high , ready to come out quickly.

That I wouldn't complain about .... I just don't like the idea of @ #1 with all the question marks surrounding him.
Elite is subjective. He doesn't have tools like vick, cam, luck, or 3. Perhaps thats unfair. I need to see more game managment etc. I've surely seen less of him then most of you. I think he COULD become a franchise qb...I'm just not as sold as you sound. I'm not so sold that I wouldn't take clowney or barr instead. Its a long process.