View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #177
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I really cant answer that right now.

I'd have to evaluate his progress on many issues - absorption of the playbook , mechanics & footwork , progressions , reading defenses , understanding protection packages.

At this point , I wouldn't throw him to the wolves .... I'd put him behind a vet in preseason but for how long , I couldn't answer. He may be ready to start week one , it may be half or an entire season. There's a whole lot to learn about QB play in the NFL ....
I still want to see things like blitz pick ups or his success against top competition (completion percentage, etc.) I think we all agree he has good tools (not elite!) Personally I'm more concerned about who his oc and qb coach is going to be. Teddys success will be a joint effort. Right place/right time...can we get that just once?