View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #166
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27908 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Black has nothing to do with it. I did compare Bridgewater's arm to Landry Jones. Both throw a very similar "FLOATER".

I'm guessing Bortles runs closer to a 4.7 than a 4.9. Mettenberger yes, Bortles, I don't think so.

Geno ran a 4.56 and I'm guessing Bridgewater will be closer to a 4.65.

Bortles is the same size as Luck, Both are 6'4" Bortles weighs 230, Luck 234. RGIII 6'2" 223

Not really, over the course of two years that is a difference of 2 passes per quarter. However Leach and WVU ran more plays than Louisville (up tempo, no huddle) so that accounts for the 2 passing plays per quarter.
1. 4.78 – I took his 40 high to skew the stat in my favor. I doubt you’d disagree with that style of thinking

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2015&genpos=QB

2. I highly doubt you “guessed” a 4.65. Regardless, he is faster, but prefers not to run. This is a great quality for a guy that loves to look downfield to find the true playmakers on the football field instead of scrambling for 5 yards and getting smashed.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2015&genpos=QB

3. Luck is 6’4” and 240.

Every place I see that gives close accuracy has Bortles at 6’3” and 227-230.

4. Finally, being a super up tempo, no huddle team completely invalidates the point they run similar offenses IMO. That’s just as big of a difference as run/pass ratio, or taking snaps under center as opposed to spread out wide in the shotgun.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote