View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Teddy B throws over 100 times less in their last 2 years in college.

the only comparison I see between Teddy B and Geno is they are both black QBs.

If you are going to compare Teddy to any quarterback who has a question mark next to what they will do in the NFL ranks it's Blake Bortles, which you've come out and said you love.

Also, don't fall in love with that semi-rushing ability of Bortles. That 4.9 speed and RG3 size will lead to a lot of missed games if he doesn't give that up quick.
Black has nothing to do with it. I did compare Bridgewater's arm to Landry Jones. Both throw a very similar "FLOATER".

I'm guessing Bortles runs closer to a 4.7 than a 4.9. Mettenberger yes, Bortles, I don't think so.

Geno ran a 4.56 and I'm guessing Bridgewater will be closer to a 4.65.

Bortles is the same size as Luck, Both are 6'4" Bortles weighs 230, Luck 234. RGIII 6'2" 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Teddy B (last 2 years) = 801 pass attempts

Bortles (last 2 years) = 750 Pass attempts

Geno S (last 2 years) = 1044 pass attempts

Big difference.
Not really, over the course of two years that is a difference of 2 passes per quarter. However Leach and WVU ran more plays than Louisville (up tempo, no huddle) so that accounts for the 2 passing plays per quarter.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote