View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #158
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
When you have a "solid", not great, but solid team all around and your biggest glaring weakness is at the QB position AND you have the #1 pick with a franchise QB available, there is no decision.
I don't disagree with the thought process at all. Either you have a franchise QB or you don't. This team doesn't.

Quote:
I see the arguments here that Teddy B is not "franchise" material, but most reputable "expert" draft guys I follow disagree. Regardless, it's not a decision, it's a mandate. Just don't give the guy #8 to wear on his jersey.
Im not going to say "Bridgewater wont be a franchise QB" but .... I just don't see him being one of the top 5 elite QB's in the league in the future.

What I see is a guy much like Schaub at his best , a step or two below those elite QB's.

You can get that type of QB without spending the #1 overall pick in the draft on him.

As for all those "experts" .... they have been wrong many many times in the past. Most of them are self serving in their analysis of these players - looking for clicks / facetime . Hell many of them don't have any real football experience.

Quote:
In response to your playing out the next 4 seasons scenario, I got one for you too, I added a 5th year for good measure as well. In this scenario we draft Jadaveon Clowney:

Year Wins Losses Ties Playoffs
2010 6 10 0 Nope
2009 9 7 0 Nope
2008 8 8 0 Nope
2007 8 8 0 Nope
2006 6 10 0 Nope

Also in this scenario, the coach will get a contract extension after 2009 and be rewarded with many more undeserved seasons and NOT be let go.

The above scenario I did was a real life example, you might recognize it.
Yeah , and that so called franchise QB we could have drafted instead of .... Clowney in this scenario is .... out of the league.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote