View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #155
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27943 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

When you have a "solid", not great, but solid team all around and your biggest glaring weakness is at the QB position AND you have the #1 pick with a franchise QB available, there is no decision.

I see the arguments here that Teddy B is not "franchise" material, but most reputable "expert" draft guys I follow disagree. Regardless, it's not a decision, it's a mandate. Just don't give the guy #8 to wear on his jersey.

In response to your playing out the next 4 seasons scenario, I got one for you too, I added a 5th year for good measure as well. In this scenario we draft Jadaveon Clowney:

Year Wins Losses Ties Playoffs
2010 6 10 0 Nope
2009 9 7 0 Nope
2008 8 8 0 Nope
2007 8 8 0 Nope
2006 6 10 0 Nope

Also in this scenario, the coach will get a contract extension after 2009 and be rewarded with many more undeserved seasons and NOT be let go.

The above scenario I did was a real life example, you might recognize it.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote