View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #59
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If you mean not fired and still having the intention to coach, Jimmy Johnson.
And there was Vermiel, right? Although he probably intended to stay retired that first time and maybe even the second time.

And then there was Lombardi. I never really understood what happened there. I was too young. But he quit the Packers and went to the Redskins (and then died.)

And THEN there was Jack Pardee. He was the coach of the Chicago Bears, built the team up and took them to the playoffs but lost to the Cowboys. Then... I don't know if he quit or if his contract expired, and he was coaching the Redskins the next year.

It's obviously rare, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote