View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013   #52
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney playing with bone spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
To an extent, I think a few Texans fans are hung up on how Mario turned out and are projecting that fear and resentment onto Clowney.
I read your whole thing, and I hear you on all of that. I'm only gonna quote this though.

Let it be known, I'm not a Clowney hater and it's obvious that teams are double teaming him way more now and game planning against him. I think the dude is top 5 talent, no doubt, but I just don't believe he is this game changing savior I get the feeling many make him out to be.

I just think the biggest game changer in this draft, SPECIFICALLY FOR THE TEXANS, is Teddy B. This is why I'm building him up so much and shooting down Clowney so much, even if it's unjust. I just don't think he is the right piece to the Texans horrible puzzle the way I feel Teddy B is.

As for hearing it straight from the horses mouth, you will almost NEVER hear that talk from a program with guys like Spurrier at the helm until long after his/their time at SC has past. That's not how professionals do business. One thing that most can't argue though is that generally when multiple media outlets report on their being smoke, somewhere there is fire.

Finally, as for your quote. You're damn right, I see a lot of Mario in Clowney. That's not to say Mario was bad, he was awesome, but we never took the next step with him on the field. It's time to look in a different direction and make that next step. Passing up on a potential franchise QB with the #1 pick is something I will never get behind.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote