View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Gee, when you put it that way, the bar is so high I might trip over it. He also went 3-14 since the 11-1 start last year, and sub-.500 for his career. So the winning seasons look more like outliers than anything else. Not that I am not happy for those moments, mind you, but all I said was once he had an entire team comprised of his guys, he didn't do any better, which is true. Knock those first two seasons off and his W-L record is 47-46.
He didn't do any better than what?

To me, when you say he got his guys and didn't do any better it means when he got his guys, he didn't do any better either than his predecessor or than when he had the other guy's guys.

47-46 (Kubiak's record after the first two seasons) is better than 18-46 (which was Capers' record) or 9-23 (Capers' record after 2 seasons).

Granted, both Kubiak and Capers ended with a two win season but when Kubiak's team was in its prime, it was a winning team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote