View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #129
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Realistically, is AJ going to the hall of fame??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't think they handicap HoF voting by the quality of talent around a player, do they?
The voters are human, so I would think so. Probably not advertised or part of official voting policy, but I have little doubt that they consider intangibles like playing for an expansion team, loyalty, and/or quality of teammates could be parts of big picture analysis.

Regardless of TD numbers, AJ has clearly been a leading receiver - sometimes clearly no. 1 - at different points in his career.

And while it is a pass dominant lead, the same thing was said in the '80's when the rules for protecting QBs and making it a more pass friendly league were being implemented. I vividly remember the 49ers taking a lot of flak because they played "finesse" football and were often accused of being scared to get hit. Now we look in hindsight and see a dominant dynasty, but at the time, there was a lot of criticism from the old guard.

I used to be a bit jaded like you, but talking with 'cak, I think AJ will be cream of the crop of this generation. They certainly will not boycott all WRs.