View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Based on my ignorance, I have no opinion on the man, but to say he's done a great job at Penn State is premature, I would think. One year in does not mean a thing. I say that for any college coach. How many of the current players were recruited by him? Probably more than any other first year coach because of the Penn St. situation, but for the most part, he's winning with the last regime's recruits. That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't give us much of an idea as to what kind of guys he tries to acquire - something that's been an issue in Houston.
Two years.

Actually, he has done an amazing job considering the sanctions that have been leveled against Penn State. That was a program that easily could have tanked. With no bowl games for 4-5 years and a stigma on the program, he's been able to put two winning teams on the field. He was even able to upset Wisconsin. He's also, from what I understand, recruited 2 top-30 classes even with his hands tied behind his back.

He coached Matt McGloin to a great season and then turned around and coached a (I think) unheralded freshman QB to a Freshman of the Year prize. So he appears to be good with young QBs -- not to mention calling plays for Tom Brady in Brady's best statistical season.

I would love to get this guy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote