View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Based on my ignorance, I have no opinion on the man, but to say he's done a great job at Penn State is premature, I would think. One year in does not mean a thing. I say that for any college coach. How many of the current players were recruited by him? Probably more than any other first year coach because of the Penn St. situation, but for the most part, he's winning with the last regime's recruits. That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't give us much of an idea as to what kind of guys he tries to acquire - something that's been an issue in Houston.
I think they lost a lot of star players due to the all of the sanctions placed on them. He was basically doing what he did on a "rag tag" squad...from what I know.

And I think they lost scholarships or something or other. He has done good in a bad situation just not sure how well he will fare as a HC in the nfl. I don't know enough of him to make a distinction.