View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Recruiting is the last thing I worry about when it comes to hiring a college coach. I don't know of a single NFL coach who has ever had to go out and recruit his roster. They draft them and seeing a coach make his predecessors players work well is in my opinion a plus. Coaches have massive input when it comes to drafting players granted but they also have much more insight into what they're looking at as well as input from scouts and front office personnel. As long as they're drafting players without being the only guy in the room with input I'm comfortable with it.

If he can coach then that's what we're looking for. The law of averages says that sooner or later one of these Belichick guys is going to meet expectations. Why can't that guy be Bill O'Brien?