View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I don't know. They both have done great considering.
I'm not bashing Shaw. I just don't think his job was as hard as people make it out to be. Harbaugh rebuilt that program and Harbaugh stocked it. Then he left. Shaw has been charged with maintaining, which he has done. All of those studs that are NFL prospects right now weren't recruited by Shaw though.

O'Brien was handed a program that had just taken the biggest sanctions since SMU and has been *bowl eligible* both years. His team went 7-5 in a "power" conference this year despite having just 65 scholarship players. Not to mention a lot of their best upperclassmen transferred to avoid the sanctions. Many of those scholarship players are walk-ons who were awarded scholarships because they were available. He also took a former walk-on, Matt McGloin, and turned him into the Raiders current starting QB. Also, his true freshman QB this year looks like a future All-American. Going 15-9 under the circumstances is pretty darn impressive.

*They have a bowl ban because of sanctions so did not go to a bowl despite being eligible.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote