View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Clowney: Do not want

Man, there is so much bad press about this dude from his coaching staff, his school, and other media outlets all over the place. I mean, this guy was touted as a guy that the media really wanted to consider for a Heisman candidate, and he totally did not show up this season with all of the extra hype and media attention. It seems like so much of it went to his head and he has underperformed a lot. That doesn't seem like a gamer to me.

And after what this franchise experienced with Mario Williams, I just can't fathom why people want him over here when we already have our J.J. Watt. Of course I'd love to have another guy like that and all, but Clowney clearly isn't the same type of guy mentally. They are not cut from the same cloth. Clowney seems way to entitled already. Every time I see a guy go into the draft that is described as a guy who takes plays off and isn't always into the game, it seems like these guys way underperform from where they were drafted.

I think the Texans can find a guy that's a lot better of a prospect regardless if he isn't as talented. Talent isn't always the end all be all. Character, drive, and motivation are big time intangibles as well that need to be considered.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote