View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013   #411
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Gameday Final (Dan Helli) Speculates Mike Shanahan is positioning for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
that's the point of using the national media, leak rumors through his people, they can't prove anything unless shanahan is dumb enough to do the dirty work himself.
It would make sense for him to try to put out the locker room incident himself if he were trying to position himself for the job. It wouldn't make sense for him or his people to even breath the name of another team.

Putting out the narrative that things were bad is one thing. He's going to get fired anyway (3-10 I believe).

Considering the ties he has to Houston (his son was an OC here, he worked with Smith) and the situation here, if a media guy confirmed that someone in his camp said he wants to work for Houston that would probably get him in some serious trouble. That's why I say it doesn't make sense for his camp to leak the Houston rumor. It would make more sense that his camp leak the desk clearing out issue in an attempt to line up for the Houston job.

He is due 7 million next year. If Washington fires him without cause they have to pay him that. If they could prove he was trying to get out they can fire him with cause and not pay him 7 million. It just seems like the motivation to bring up Houston would be from the Washington side.
Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote