View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013   #34
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fixing the OLine: Draft, FA, In-House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I keep seeing people talking about how it's a must we grab 1 or even 2 Olinemen early and I couldn't disagree with that more.

Yeah if they are clearly the bpa, sure, but oline is not as in bad of shape as folks make it seem like IMO. We have some good young players, I think Ryan Harris is serviceable. I with FA's and what we currently have we can be ok.

This is not me saying DONT pick OL early in the draft, I just don't think it's so crucial that we do so meanwhile passing on, IMO, two of the biggest issues on this team outside of QB.

We absolutely have to fix this secondary and this pass rush. I don't know if we have any good pass rushers on this team. Coaches refuse to play anyone besides the guys who aren't getting it done....btw, small rant...I hope that this next coaching staff is not like this one where they don't play/keep guys who show more than guys who are starters. Kubiak drove me nuts with that and wade does too. Give guys a chance. We have to get better at player evaluation.

But yeah..we need to fix this defense something serious. Lots of suck on that side of the ball.

^^^ This

Scoring points has not been so much the issue (unless we're playing Jax) but haven't been able to stop anyone