View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013   #95
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Grantland's Latest Take on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If you consider Teddy to be a franchise QB.

Next yr off of the top of my head I can name 5 QB's I like as much or more than Bridgewater. This yr is a deep class it's time to build the trenches and create the depth the roster has always lacked. Get the QB in 2015. It wont cost as much as you think to trade up and get one of these guys. I worry about Rick picking the players for the Texans. I've been underwhelmed by his performance thus far.

1. Winston
2. Hogan
3.Petty
4. Hundley
5. Mariota
I hope u don't feel like I'm trolling you because I'm not. I just always find it amusing when you list these guys aside from maybe winston. I like winston a lot,but he doesn't read the field either because his wrs are winning early. Not his fault. Mariotta will not throw a guy open. When they played stanford a game in which your other favorite threw for like 100 yds,mariotta kept pulling the ball down becase guys weren't open as much as he's used to seeing. Hundley is very,very inconsistent. All of these guys with the exception of winston are in the same yr of development as bridgewater yet he's light years ahead of those guys in terms of making throws into windows,game management at the los,and just mentally. If bridgewater goes back,which I doubt,he will still be ahead of those guys. In the case of those guys,I guess we're suppose to sit back through another 3 win season right.

Again,this trenches warefare you bring up,which I do like,you have to tell me why the texans can't do it in the mid to later rds.When they were so called realy good on the o-line, they had brown(late 1st),smith(journeyman)meyers(5th rd),briesel(udfa),and winston(3rd) as their trench guys. On dl,which I think they have been too small feature jj(11th pick 1st rd) , ninja(was a 4th rd ,fa). If they get a big nt who can play,get crick in at lde,play jones at lg and quess at rt,I think they're gonna be pretty good in the trenches. That wouldn't rule meout from having competetion at those spots.

Every draft,this board wants to trade down,but someone has to wanna trade up and give up picks which is not always the case. For all the good rivers,nugent,and merriman did immediately,the chargers with rivers haven't won a sb nor even been to a conf title game. Is that to say it was a bad trade? No,but eli has 2 rings,rivers has none.The rg3 trade has netted the rams exactly what? Brockers,austin(whom they gave up picks acquired to get),jenkins,and whomever they get this year. Sounds good doesn't it,but look at bradford who isn't the answer. At least rg3 won the won the division his 1st season and looks closer,despite the struggles this year as being the guy vs bradford. Now the rams will miss the playoffs for the 12th straight season and still don't have a qb.