View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #165
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
No offense to either side (hate him) (like him) Kubiak is a mediocre head coach. Simple as that, could even say he was a losing coach because thanks to this losing streak it pushed his record below .500

He inherited a 2-14 team and he most likely will leave behind a 2-14 team.

His offensive system when run properly under ideal circumstances is a tried and true set of plays. That is without question and the numbers bear that out, but too many football games come down to critical, split second decisions and he just didnt have the knack for it as the head coach.

He'll keep coaching, and his offensive teams will continue to be top 10, will he get another shot as the top dog? Will he ever win again without having a HOF QB?
I disagree with the bolded. IMO, defenses have figured out
that the way to beat Kubiak's offense is just to play disciplined football. Stay at home and take care of your responsibilities. That makes the "is it a run or a pass" question mostly moot. It didn't help that Schaub and Kubiak were as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I think the clock burning aspect of the system was a double edged sword. If you weren't scoring in the red zone, then you were burning away too much opportunity. And red zone scoring is more difficult for the smaller linemen of a ZBS against a compressed defense.
I see Kubiak's play calling as the limiting factor in the RZ not the ZBS or the size of the OL. I also think it was a vicious cycle with Kubiak and Schaub. Both limited each other but were too joined at the hip to make the changes that were needed. I put that on the coach much more so than the player. McNair seems to agree with some of his comments during the ppress conference.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote