View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #245
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Nobody bats a thousand, but they should try too. C-N-D told us that Reed wouldn't be the Reed of old. If he knew that the Texans Dr's/Rick should've known this also.

All of the extentions/bad FA signings should've cost Rick his job. But BoB didn't want to pay off 2 yrs remaining on Ricks contract and 1 yr on Gary's.

Bottom line is the Texans are the worst team in the NFL. Rick was in charge of the team and while batting .1000 maybe unrealistic, Rick went 0 for this offseason and has only been about .300 since he's been GM with the salary cap/draft picks/FA signings. Rick is a major reason this team is where it is today.

But atleast BoB didn't go all in on the it's too traumatic thingy. If you truly believe that Rick Smith is the guy to lead this team to prominence that's your perrogative. But I will be calling out his mistakes. Nobody bats .1000 but to be a SB contender the GM needs to bat atleast .750 and I think that's too much to ask from Rick. In short I think Rick is in over his head. (Hope I'm wrong)

Watching his facial expressions during BoB's press confrence sickened me. He looked like a man that had no remorse for throwing his friend/mentor (Gary) under the bus. This man will never bring a SB to this city. He lacks character and is BoB's yes man. The good news for BoB is that Rick will make BoB alot of $$$$ while he continues to pull the wool over the paying customers eyes.

Unless BoB gives the new HC the power that he gave Gary and I dont see that happening.
What about all the mid season pick ups this team has found? How about the undrafted and low draft picks he's turned into NFL players. Yes he had a down year , but he's done more good than bad for this organization. He doesn't coach the players he just get em. How sure are you that the depth on this team is no good? By the coaching??? C'mon man , Rick can only do so much bro