View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #241
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
...He thinks this team is just a few players away and thinks a more experience coach will take us there...I don't understand why there is so much negativity here lately?..
No one means to be negative just for the sake of it.

But a lot of people here are realists. And they're wary of McNair/Smith making the right decision. As they should be.

I think Texans management has done a good job of lowering expectations when it come to these kinds of decisions.

As a longtime Steelers fan, admittedly I've been spoiled. But I want to see the Texans have the same kind of success.

Note: As for McNair thinking his the team "is just a few players away": That's exactly the mindset that helped get the team in their current predicament.

After last season, they figured the roster simply needed a little tweaking to get them to Super Bowl contention. So they signed Ed Reed. Not smart.

It doesn't work like that in the NFL. Every year there's a new set of variables. Just because you were 12-4 one year doesn't mean you'll be 14-2 and in the Super Bowl the next year.

As someone once said, if you aren't working hard to get better, you'll get worse.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote