Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
If the Texans have Bortles as their #1 QB in the draft would anybody have a problem with taking him #1 overall?
Possibly.

Jerry Jones supposedly had a 1st round grade on a player that the rest of the league saw as a 2nd/3rd rounder. So he threw away value in selecting that player in that slot, imo.

If the Texans prefer Bortles and the rest of the league has Bridgewater concensus 1/1, then a good GM would trade down and add a pick. Because there would be at least one team that highly covets Bridgewater.

My concern is more not who they take, but who's making the selection. If they hire a DC as a head coach, does Rick Smith have the chops to choose the right guy? I think I'd rather have Kubiak doing that, but that's not an option.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote