View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #162
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Kubiak's system was fairly rigid and he believed in it totally. I understand people that didn't like the style (slow, plodding, clock running...) or the lack of Manning style audibles. Can't disagree with you there.
I think the clock burning aspect of the system was a double edged sword. If you weren't scoring in the red zone, then you were burning away too much opportunity. And red zone scoring is more difficult for the smaller linemen of a ZBS against a compressed defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Kubiak's time is over. He had plenty of reasons to be fired. He's gone so I don't need to go over them again. Winning the division and a playoff game twice without an elite QB & creating an NFL culture from the crap he started with won't be included in those. You act like he's the worst coach in NFL history. He was an average head coach. He did the Texans good - he just didn't do good enough. Time to move on.
Well said.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote