Thread: Marciano fired
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #76
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Marciano fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What I find illogical as that anyone can look at a playoff coach and declare he isn't a SB coach.

Winning playoff games and getting to the SB much less winning it involves far more than coaching. Last year is a classic - the results of 5 coaches was determined largely by Flacco going superfreak in the playoffs and he was assisted by Bolden pulling his own superfreak routine. And no that can't be said to be just good coaching unless you are also going to say Harbaugh just doesn't give a crap enough this year to bother getting good performance out of Flacco anymore.

That is a general comment, not a Kubiak comment.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kubiak has success in the future. Many times in sports a change in scenery does wonders for players and coaches. However, I don't think Kubiak could have done much with this team in the near future. This team, in my opinion, now has a losing mentality and a servere lack of discipline on the field. The institutional lack of accountability has caught up with this team.

I think it is far easier for a new coach to correct these traits than it is for the coach that brought the team to this state.