View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #215
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Their offense commited two turnovers, two fumbles, and a safety. And by offense I mean Weeden. The defense otherwise held Henne to less than 200 yards, an Int and sacked him twice for a QB rating of 74.5, MJD was held to 77 yards at 3.3 ypc, etc.
Well said. Numbers never lie... when you read the numbers behind the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
in this case (pun intended) either cutler succeeds or implodes and we draft a QB the following year in a great year for QBs.

i wouldn't mind cutler his certainly not my first option but i don't think his has bad as some suggest
It's NEVER a great year for QBs when you draft 19+. Why doesn't anyone get that? The future is NOT Jay Cutler.

"Why don't we just draft Russell Wilson, the Seahawks did it".

31 teams try to draft that 3rd+ round QB of the future EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Most end up like Mike Glennon (poor at best).

2011 was a year that was supposed to have solid QBs too, the only team it worked out for was #1 pick - Cam Newton. Come the start of 2014 I imagine picks #10 and #12 are jobless while #8 pick is given 1 final chance which he ultimately fails at setting these franchises back 3-4 years each. Oh yeah and one of them will have wasted arguably the greatest RB in NFL history doing so.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote