View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #209
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm with you. He didn't come off as "hands off" in the press conference at all, but that's solely based on my impression. The only time he deferred to Rick at all was the question about the draft which Rick totally sidestepped.

I really don't get where the "hands off" thing comes from. I think that's a myth that's been repeated so many times that everybody believes it. The fact is that no one knows what Bob does, what Cal does, or what Rick does except people on the inside and they aren't talking.

I don't really think it's a bad thing either. I really like the way Bob came off yesterday. I want an owner who knows something about football. It's better than an owner that thinks he knows everything about it.

If anybody has anything to prove me wrong, I'd love to see it because I've been wondering about this for years.
Yesterday was an unintentional peek behind the curtain. The illustrious McNair shine showed a little tarnish. What I learned is Bob McNair could be more like Jerry Jones than anyone thought possible. And there could be a bigger disconnect and mess created by the McNairs than anyone thought possible. No doubt the McNair's aspire to a Committment to Excellence, just not confident they really know what that means. No doubt the McNairs want to win and win very badly. So far including yesterday's PC they have demonstrated they haven't grasped just how to do that. What do I mean by this? I would not be surprised if Lovie Smith was the new Head Coach and Jay Cutler is the new Texans QB. More Mediocrity? More average and ordinary? Yesterday's PC may have been that first step.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote