View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #203
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I posted earlier that these questionable players are still in question. With the right coaching I think these players could be developed into something special. Brooks reed, Mercilus, Swearinger, McCain - all of these players are young enough that they can still live up to their draft potential. Coaching does wonders and I'm hoping it will as well.

I think it's accurate to say that all of these players are talented but just not very good at their position. Talent will only take you so far before you have to start learning the craft. I don't think they ever had good coaching to develop them into nfl players.

Hopefully you will see why I chose the word "talented" instead of "great"
I hope you're correct and that good coaching and a change in philosophy can turn things around, but that doesn't mean you don't at the very least try to acquire new talent. It's going to be a clean slate for everyone and everyone has to compete for the starting job.