View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #44
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Who should get fired next?

First and foremost if they are going to clean house, it should be top to bottom. Anything less is incomplete and is like cutting out half of a tumor and seeing how things go. The fact is whomever comes in to be the HC will want his own people and not leftovers unless McNair forces them on him. And who in their right mind would start out that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I find it hard to blame the scouts when Wade is the one running Brice McCain out there to cover Julian Edelman and Jeff Tarpinian to cover Rob Gronkowski man-to-man.

Everyone knows we are going to run man coverage in the red zone. There are ways to beat man coverage. If you know a team is going to run man coverage then you can design your offensive plan to specifically exploit man coverage. Wade doesn't seem to understand this. That has nothing to do with scouts and everything to do with coaching.
Seems to me like most everyone was just running rub routes (picks) on the the Texans D especially in the red zone. You would think that Wade might consider switching on the rub like they do in basketball, but from watching the games it seems like that never crossed his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't see how this isn't a complete and total house-cleaning.

I don't think they're going to make any more changes (except for maybe Bullock) until the hour after the last game. And then it's everybody.

I agree with this, but if Smith is not also cast off, then it is NOT a house cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I agree almost completely with you. The only thing short of a clean house will be Rick Smith. I think he's sticking around.
Sadly I agree. If you as the owner are fed up, cut em all loose and start over, but Uncle Bob believes the Texans will emulate the Colts and turn it around in 1 year, even though it will be new offensive and defensive schemes most likely and allot of different personnel.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote