View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #202
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm not too sure about the bolded part. Not saying we don't have talent, but I certainly don't think we're loaded. We have massive issues as ILB, NT, and in the secondary. Not to mention we don't have outside pass rushers and if we stay 3-4 we'll have to find 2 OLB's who can pass rush. Mercilus has been inconsistent, but I think he has some potential. In the offense, we obviously have a massive question mark at the QB position and if we can't find a good QB we're not going anywhere. Foster has been battling various injuries over the past couple of years and who knows how much he has left in the tank. Andre Johnson will be a year older and the obvious problems in the right side of our o-line. I don't think the Texans will be able to solve every problem, but they have some pieces they can build around like JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins. If McNair is really interested in a quick turnaround then he has to be fix the QB position first and foremost. I'm of the opinion you take the best QB available with the #1 because of the potential rewards. Then fix the o-line with good veteran players who can protect a young QB. I'm assuming Cushing will be back healthy so that will take care of the ILB but they must find good backups for him this time around. Lastly, they absolutely must find a couple of good pass rushers and that will make a huge difference on how the defense plays and it will make the secondary's job easier.

I posted earlier that these questionable players are still in question. With the right coaching I think these players could be developed into something special. Brooks reed, Mercilus, Swearinger, McCain - all of these players are young enough that they can still live up to their draft potential. Coaching does wonders and I'm hoping it will as well.

I think it's accurate to say that all of these players are talented but just not very good at their position. Talent will only take you so far before you have to start learning the craft. I don't think they ever had good coaching to develop them into nfl players.

Hopefully you will see why I chose the word "talented" instead of "great"