View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #158
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Not sure why I'm responding this this crap but I guess I'm a little bored.

This team under Kubiak wasn't an embarrassment until the end of last season through this season. Kubiak turned this team from dysfunctional to an NFL team in 1 season. 2010 was extremely disappointing and I was ready to move on from Kubiak but it's not like we were the worst team in the league bad. The team was considered nationally to be the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL for extended periods. How is that embarrassing?

McNair forcing Kubiak to hire Phillips is rumor - not fact. I actually believe it though and agree with you that Phillips turning our defense into an NFL caliber unit was the difference between 8 wins and 12 wins. Doesn't mean you get to discount Kubiak like he didn't do anything right in 2011 & 2012.

David Carr? Please. If you believe that McNair forced Phillips on Kubiak than you have to believe that Carr was forced on him as well. Kubiak wouldn't have had a clue about Carr's work ethics until he was hired. He gave Carr a season and booted him. That's one thing that Kubiak should be applauded for.

Kubiak's system was fairly rigid and he believed in it totally. I understand people that didn't like the style (slow, plodding, clock running...) or the lack of Manning style audibles. Can't disagree with you there.

Kubiak's time is over. He had plenty of reasons to be fired. He's gone so I don't need to go over them again. Winning the division and a playoff game twice without an elite QB & creating an NFL culture from the crap he started with won't be included in those. You act like he's the worst coach in NFL history. He was an average head coach. He did the Texans good - he just didn't do good enough. Time to move on.
I had to get off Tapatalk and login to the web site just so I can rep this post. There seems to be a lot of selective memory and revisionist pontificating going on here. There is no question this franchise is leaps and bounds better than when Kubiak and Smith got here. The train derailed and Kubiak couldn't figure out how to get it back on track. That doesn't make him an embarrassment, just inept. I personally wish the man and his family no ill will. For crying out loud, the man sacrificed his own health for this franchise. I just wish him luck in whatever his future holds. I don't think anyone felt any worse than him how things turned out. If. I ever met him on the street I would shake his hand and offer to buy him a beer. The posters here wishing him harm and embarrassment are too emotionally immature. I suggest they volunteer for a day at the children's wing of M.D. Anderson. That's a sobering experience that put this game in a proper frame of reference for life.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote