View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #151
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm kind of bummed. I liked Kubiak, and his system was sound when the right talent could execute it. Kubiak had me rooting to win his way with his system. When everything was in synch, the team had a true identity.

But his fatal flaw was his stubborness. Stubborness in his personnel decisions, stubborness in his loyalties, stubborness in his refusal to adjust his system or strategy, and -- as we saw in his final game -- his stubborness in fielding Matt Schaub. Gary would have finished the season with a dignified exit, but his resistance to the FO's wishes to continue evaluating Keenum exhausted McNair's good graces.

I think that a flexible, shrewd, and ambitious Kubiak would have won a Superbowl. But a stubborn, idealistic, and loyal Kubiak is best suited for a career as a coordinator.
Most people will focus these comments as relates to his QBs. However, his inflexible attitude was pervasive to how the team was run, and had major negative effects on all facets of the Texans' game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote