View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #102
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
blah blah blah blah ****ing blah.... does anyone really watch the tape or better question, does anyone around here know how to evaluate QB play? but then again, given Texan history I can't really blame y'all... lol

this kid is special, mark it down.
I'm by no means an NFL scout so take this with a grain of salt, but I just spent the past couple hours watching alot of YouTube videos of Teddy Bridgewater and concentrating on evaluating his mechanics. Here's my observations:

*Very accurate thrower, hits moving targets in small windows.
*Quick release, he gets the ball out of his hands fast.
*Effortless throwing motion, he really makes it look smooth and easy.
*Holds the ball high, up around his upper chest so that his throwing motion can be quick.
*Good feet/Quick Feet, feet are always in motion while scanning the field but plants them quickly when throwing.
*Athletic, moves effortlessly and runs well when needed. He's not a runner who can throw, he's a passing QB that can run very well.
*Arm strength, it's very good but not what I'd call great. He's no John Elway.
*Throws well on the run, almost throws better on the run than from the pocket.
*Looking off a Safety, I saw him several times looking off a Safety while going through his progressions. Other times he stared down a receiver. This is something he'll have to work on in the NFL.
*Post route, he can hit a WR over the middle on a post route. A few times he overthrew a WR on a post route and he'll need to work with his receivers on this but he can make that very difficult throw.
*Wears gloves on both hands. Not sure if that's a pro or con but thought it a little unusual.
*Speaks well, he can form a cohesive sentence.

I like what I see and would take him as the 1st overall pick. I don't know if he'll ever be the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but to me he's got the skill set to be an elite level QB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote