View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013   #145
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

I'm kind of bummed. I liked Kubiak, and his system was sound when the right talent could execute it. Kubiak had me rooting to win his way with his system. When everything was in synch, the team had a true identity.

But his fatal flaw was his stubborness. Stubborness in his personnel decisions, stubborness in his loyalties, stubborness in his refusal to adjust his system or strategy, and -- as we saw in his final game -- his stubborness in fielding Matt Schaub. Gary would have finished the season with a dignified exit, but his resistance to the FO's wishes to continue evaluating Keenum exhausted McNair's good graces.

I think that a flexible, shrewd, and ambitious Kubiak would have won a Superbowl. But a stubborn, idealistic, and loyal Kubiak is best suited for a career as a coordinator.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 12-07-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote