View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #144
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How can you hire the leader of the team, and not allow him to pick his own assistants? And who is this "somebody" that would know a good OC if they saw one?

BTW, not a fan of Lovie Smith. Not the leader I'm looking for. Too Kubiak-esqe. Tired already of McClain pumping him up by saying "Lovie's a native Texan". Who cares? I don't care if the next coach comes from Lower Slobovia. I just want a winner.
I agree but I wanted to throw something out. I've been saying all day what you just did because most people I know here in Chicago have told me they loved Lovie..,nice guy, players love him... Basically a better coach than Kubes. Same mold and demeanor. So got them to a SB but issues with hiring OC and being conservative. BUT one of my closest coworkers who lives and breathes Bears wrote me an email that said "Lovie can be a pretty tough guy behind the scenes,main failing with Lovie was not having a grasp of offense." So not a lot different but was adamant in follow ups that tougher behind closed doors. Though that was a Kubes rumor too. I still think there is better out there. I think OBrien...nfl experience and college HC would be better