View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #124
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Too many teams in need of a QB including ours .... Its a very good possibility one of those teams falls head over heels for Bridgewater and with Mariota going back to school the odds are greater this happens as well. I think this kinda inflates the value of the pick.
All it takes is one of those QB needy teams to say "I have to have him!" and they'll pony up.
Minny - Cleveland , Barffalo , NY Jets , Jax , Oakland , Tampa Bay , Arizona and maybe even the Tinbreds tho I cant see a deal with them. All it will take is one team .... and it probably wouldn't be all that difficult to get them to .... bid against themselves. Too many teams with poor QB play ,I just cant see one or more teams not interested.
I agree and you make solid points. And I'm not saying that we won't trade back. I'm just saying that the WAS/STL trade will not be replicated. They gave up a TON to move up.

We could still make out very well in a trade back scenario, but I was just giving fair warning to not get you hopes up of such a mega-deal going through. And you are completely right, maybe we could get 2-3 teams to bid against each other and play up the price. I still don't see it reaching that level though.

STL moved back 4 spots and got (2!) 1st round picks plus a 2nd. We could move back 5-6 spots and I'd be happy with just 1 future 1st and a 2nd. Maybe get a late round pick as a sweetner, but that's not a deal breaker. I'll throw a scenario at you....

Minnesota currently sits at #5. If they offered #5 , #37, and a 2015 1st for #1...would you take it? I would.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote