View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baby's First Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
As much as I like the work of horton,I would pass on a coach who needs to learn how to be a coach. I think we've been through enough growing pains with kubes and his 1st job. If it were me, I would call mike holmgren 1st to see if he wanted to coach. As much as I like cowher and his passion, I'm not sure about him away from the steelers structure. Holmgren on the other hand has been to the superbowl with 2 different teams. He's known to develop qbs and I like the fact he runs a version of wco. I know he's 65,but he's a lifer. Now on to the draft.

If the texans don't get the top pick, I have no problems with clowney. I personally think the texans will have the top pick. Even though I think marriotta needs seasoning ,I think the debate betweenhe and clowney has to be had. Between those 2 and the upside of both, clowney probably is the right choice. Clowney is probably the right choice because of who you drafted with the 2nd rd pick in Boyd.
I'm on board with this.

After Gary, no more learning on the job. The handling of timeouts at the end of the game last night shows me Gary really hasn't learned much in 8 yrs.

Hiring Holmgren means you dont have to worry about stuff like this. Holmgren should be the person to decide on the QB of the future. I do worry about how much fire he's got left at age 65 though.

Give me Holmgren or any other HC with winning experience. Although I do like Bevell I dont want him to be the next HC for the same reason I dont want Horton. 1st timers need not apply.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote