View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #113
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Not enough IMO. Now give me 7 , 25 & 40 .... and next years first rounder and you got a deal.

The Redskins moved from 6 to 2 giving up the #6 & 39 along with two future first round picks. I'd want compensation equal or greater for the #1 overall choice.
There just aren't very good odds of that happening. I doubt any team covets a player in this draft as much as Washington coveted RG3 in that draft. Washington has kind of ruined the trade back scenario because they really overpaid and people think that is fair value now. It's not.

By the draft value chart, Washington gave up about 4,000 points to grab a pick worth 2,600 points.

Getting 7, 25, 40, & a 1st next year would be about 3,750 points for a pick worth 3,000. In our scenario, it's much more likely that we get closer to fair value because we will either select a guy #1 or be desperate to trade back.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote